52 year old from Nova Scotia.
I have two grown daughters and two beautiful grandsons named Aidan and Damien. Have one gorgeous grand daughter named Hallie.
Have hubby named Randy and am owned by one beautiful fur baby.
So as you see I'm a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, and friend. I'm a reader & especially like mystery novels and true crime stories. I often visit the local flea markets, thrift shops, and antique shops and I like a nice cup of coffee by the fire on chilly or rainy days. I enjoy working outdoors. Also enjoy meeting new people.
Poor Randy. I have promised to get this done and I just can't seem to pick it up. I hate doing the eagle. It is called Magestic Eagle and here is a picture of what it will look like If I ever finish this thing for him.
Oh, Lynn it is SO gorgeous! Definitely take a breather if you're going nutters though---the most important thing about stitching is to 'have fun!!!' =) I'm sure Randy will understand the wait! Tell him it is a bit like trying to install a car battery; it is 'interesting' at first, but when the silly thing won't get in the car...and you're installing it over and over and over and over and over---it can get a little monotonous! LOL
It really is a lovely piece! I think I have that one (or something very similar) in my 'to-do-someday' pile! =)
Lynn, I did this one a number of years ago, and I know exactly what you mean. I had finished the eagle itself and started on the tree branches, and had to put it down to do a wedding sampler. I just couldn't pick it up again for almost two years. It was my only UFO ever, and my son wanted so badly for me to finish it for him. I finally forced myself to stitch on it again, and then it was done in no time!
Hang in there, just put in one or two lengths of floss a day.
4 comments:
Oh, Lynn it is SO gorgeous! Definitely take a breather if you're going nutters though---the most important thing about stitching is to 'have fun!!!' =) I'm sure Randy will understand the wait! Tell him it is a bit like trying to install a car battery; it is 'interesting' at first, but when the silly thing won't get in the car...and you're installing it over and over and over and over and over---it can get a little monotonous! LOL
It really is a lovely piece! I think I have that one (or something very similar) in my 'to-do-someday' pile! =)
~J
Lynn, I did this one a number of years ago, and I know exactly what you mean. I had finished the eagle itself and started on the tree branches, and had to put it down to do a wedding sampler. I just couldn't pick it up again for almost two years. It was my only UFO ever, and my son wanted so badly for me to finish it for him. I finally forced myself to stitch on it again, and then it was done in no time!
Hang in there, just put in one or two lengths of floss a day.
Eva
That eagle is going to be stunning Lynn.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Hugs
Lainey
STUNNING!!!
Post a Comment