About Me

My photo
52 year old from Nova Scotia. I have two grown daughters and two beautiful grandsons named Aidan and Damien. Have one gorgeous grand daughter named Hallie. Have hubby named Randy and am owned by one beautiful fur baby. So as you see I'm a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, and friend. I'm a reader & especially like mystery novels and true crime stories. I often visit the local flea markets, thrift shops, and antique shops and I like a nice cup of coffee by the fire on chilly or rainy days. I enjoy working outdoors. Also enjoy meeting new people.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Great New Stash Find


Well I started out grocery shopping and doing laundry at the laundry mat. Big blankets that don't fit in my washer. While my washer was going I took a walk in an electronics store and found this. It is originally supposed to be a music book stand BUT it is perfect when I am sitting on the couch stitching, to hold my charts. The best part is it only cost me $12.99 on sale. Only difference is that mine is black, not red like the one in the picture here. I love it when I find stash in unexpected places.

It really has been a good week. I also won a table top Ott light from EBAY and recieved that already. Can't believe how well I can actually see the holes in my material now with proper lighting. Would love to have the floor model but it is so expensive to ship them here and I have no craft stores near me at all. So for now this table top one will be just fine.

5 comments:

Patricia Lessell said...

Um Lynn what was a music stand doing in an electronics store? Just wondering is all but a great idea for holding your charts and seeing them. Doesn't lighting make all the difference. Mind you I'm so old I need the magnifying one anyway. Have a good stitching time with your new toys and now I"m off to bed so night night xxx

Mistylynn said...

I say electronics store but it has a bit of everything.

Pumpkin said...

Well isn't that the neatest thing! Good for you and you've got a great imagination :o)

I love my Ott lights! I can't imagine stitching without them now. LOL!

AnnMcD said...

Lynn,

Great to hear from you. I knew I had not seen anyone from Campbellford lately but I did not know you had moved to NS. Jennifer was in with your Mom a few months ago but I guess we had other catching up to do.
I am hoping to be able to put pictures of some of the NAshville stash on my website but since we are here in Port Charlotte and have only dial-up...I am not sure if the uploading will work too well...we'll see!
Keep in touch
Ann

LoriRay said...

Thanks for stopping my blog and leaving me a comment. Now that I know about your blog, you've been added to my list of blogs that I stalk. LOL!

Woo hoo - great find for holding charts! You did good!

Take care and bye for now! :)