About Me

My photo
52 year old from Nova Scotia. I have two grown daughters and two beautiful grandsons named Aidan and Damien. Have one gorgeous grand daughter named Hallie. Have hubby named Randy and am owned by one beautiful fur baby. So as you see I'm a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, and friend. I'm a reader & especially like mystery novels and true crime stories. I often visit the local flea markets, thrift shops, and antique shops and I like a nice cup of coffee by the fire on chilly or rainy days. I enjoy working outdoors. Also enjoy meeting new people.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Update for Saterday

Just woke up and can't stay up for long period of time, but wanted to check in. Randy made me go back to the hospital yesterday(Saterday) and they did more blood work and put me on the darn oxygen mask for the afternoon. The xrays came back about the same but apparently showed a viral infection in the lungs also. Not sure how I caught this but they think it might because my resistance is down so low right now. I am still taking the Hydrocodone and my puffer and if I still have problems breathing I am to go back in for oxygen. Think the worse part is the junk I am bringing up off my lungs(sorry for the graffic description).
They wanted to keep me in for a couple days and I said definately not. I am terrified of hospitals and am not staying unless absolutely necesary. So right now I am on complete blood rest and guess that is a good thing because the Hydrocodone knocks me out everytime I take it anyway. Thank god for laptops. At least this way I don't feel completely lost. Can check in once in awhile, when I am awake.
I swear this is worse than coming off some kind of a hard drug(and no I have never been on a hard drug) but have seen and heard what they go through during withdraw.
Anyway, once this ever gets out of my system at least I will be able to say I have clear lungs and no more infections I hope. The damage I have done to the lungs is my own fault. I should have had a good kick in the rear when I picked up that first cigarette but you know me and I probably would not have listened anyway.

1 comment:

~Julie~ said...

Oh Lynn!!! I am *SO* sorry you're having such a difficult, difficult time right now, my friend. If there was anything I could do besides pray my heart out---I would.

Please make sure you *listen* to the doctors and get some rest. In the meantime, I pray that the viral infection they found on your lungs is the culprit for most of this illness you're having; at least that way it will go away when the infection goes away.

Oh Lynn I just feel so badly for you. You know my e-mail, you know my contact info. If you need anything at all (no matter what) let me know.

~Julie~